Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday, July 31st_Week4

Today, in class, we layed out a more detailed timeline for the next few weeks.
I will be speaking with Kris Robertson from Career Services to get the what's, where's, and when's concerning the presentation we will be given on week 8.

Thursday the class will be presenting on-screen comps to Joyce.

I've completed the initial layouts for the following pages:
-Cover
-Introduction
-Publisher's letter
-Table of Contents
-Four page feature article

I'm currently working on the Chef's recommendation pages and the "Masthead" page, towards the back of the current issue.

Next week (Week 5) on Tuesday, the class will meet at 10:30AM and leave AiW to visit a publication design firm in Baltimore.
I'm anxious to see the daily operations at a real firm.

Next week the class will also be responsible for printing out comps to critique.
I'm going to try and perfect bind the comp to get a better idea how it could look.
Hopefully I'll have enough time.

Week 6, all page must be printed for Tuesday's class.

No comments: